American Medical Seminars, Inc.® Emergency Medicine – Neurology
American Medical Seminars, Inc.® Emergency Medicine Neurology: Traumatic Brain Injury; Seizures; Emergency Psychiatric Patient is approved for 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and includes access to download your Audio MP3 &/or Video MP4, Color Digital Syllabus and Online Testing. With the hardcover option, you will be sent the CDs/DVDs, a Full Color Printed & Bound Syllabus, and Your Testing Materials.
Downloadable/Streaming: Includes MP3/MP4; PDF Color Syllabus; Online Testing
Hard Copy: Includes Audio CDs; DVDs; Printed/Bound Full-Color Syllabus; Test Packet; S&H
Ordering is Simple!
Select your Media Type as either Download or Hardcover. Next, click “Add to Cart”. Once your order has been processed, you will be contacted by our team with your login/download information.
American Medical Seminars, Inc.® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA – American Medical Seminars, Inc.® designates these enduring materials for the maximum of 5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Topics and Objectives
Title: Emergency Medicine – Neurology: Traumatic Brain Injury; Seizures; Emergency Psychiatric Patient
Faculty: Kenneth H. Butler, D.O., F.A.C.E.P., F.A.A.E.M.; Sean M. Fox, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., F.A.A.P.; and Joel Kravitz, M.D., F.A.C.E.P., F.R.C.P.S.C.
Original Release Date: July 1, 2016 Review Date: July 1, 2017 Expiration Date: July 1, 2019
TOPIC 1: Traumatic Brain Injury.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: COMP
- Develop an approach to assessing the head injured patient where you can forget about the GCS scoring system.
- Identify the TBI clinical presentation where “The eyes have it”.
- Determine when TBI necessitates a “formal” RSI intubation.
TOPIC 2: Seizures: That’s Not a Dance Move.
Seizures may present in rather subtle and dramatic fashions. The subtle seizure is often a diagnostic challenge while the dramatic one may present management challenges. This course will focus on the most state of the art concepts related to the evaluation and management of seizures in the Emergency Department today. Upon completion of this session, using the recent literature and national organizations recommendations, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the most appropriate evaluation for a patient with a new onset seizure in the Emergency Department.
- List useful methods therapies and management strategies for patients with simple seizures.
- Describe the appropriate management of a patient with status epilepticus.
- Expect and account for the potential complications of the specific therapies for status epilepticus.
TOPIC 3: Management of the Emergency Psychiatric Patient.
Upon completion of this session, the participant should be able to: GL, COMP
- Recognize the early signs of agitation and employ strategies to resolve them.
- Select appropriate agents for chemical restraint based on available evidence.
- Using ACEP guidelines as a framework, develop a plan for the medical clearance of a psychiatric patient.
Products will be shipped within 1-2 business days after payment is received for your purchase. All products are shipped via FedEx ground service. For specific details on the shipment of your product, please call our support team at (800) 263-6840.
Customers are allowed 60 days from the date of the initial purchase. Customer is also responsible for any fees incurred for the shipment of the returned product and to insure the package includes full replacement value of the contents received. Refunds will be issued back to the credit card that was used to make the original purchase (minus shipping and handling costs). We reserve the right to charge a $75 restocking fee on all returns. There are no refunds for the video on demand series.
*Returns and refunds will not be accepted for any orders that include a “Tech Add-On” items including: Gift Cards, Apple iPad, Apple Watch 2, or Microsoft Surface Pro.