CME4Life’s 3-day immersion Effectiveness in Medicine CME Conference is designed to provide physician assistants and other advanced practice providers with new strategies and tools for effective practice. The Effectiveness in Medicine program will enhance your communication skills with the patients, colleagues and leaders you work with.
Scroll Down to Learn More
CME4Life’s Effectiveness in Medicine CME conference adapts the concepts of Strictly Business: Dale Carnegie Immersion Seminar to the healthcare setting you work in. John Bielinski, Jr., PA-C will co-present this time-tested material with a focus on preventing healthcare burnout, increasing patient satisfaction and decreasing medical malpractice claims.
Conference Takeaways | 24 Category 1 AAPA credits
• Implement shared decision making between clinicians and patients to improve patient satisfaction, adherence to treatment recommendations and outcomes.
• Improve communication strategies to participate in a team-based approach to care and to improve interactions with patients.
• Learn to use your experiences to communicate more confidently. Understand the value of demonstrations when explaining information.
• Meet with a manager and/or mentor to discuss areas for focus within the Dale Carnegie experience and ways of measuring shifts in effectiveness.
• Develop skills in giving and receiving positive feedback and discover the value of sincere appreciation.
• Identify stress in the workplace and strategies to manage it, in order to recognize and mitigate burnout in medicine.
- Demonstrate techniques for connecting with patients and healthcare team members.
- Identify strengths and opportunities for personal development as a leader.
- Elicit patient and healthcare team members’ perspectives by focusing on them as individuals.
- Learn to negotiate and collaborate with others in your practice setting.
- Describe the evidence for utilizing the Enhanced Relationship Principles approach to encounters with patients and healthcare team members.
- Incorporate skills to treat patients more professionally and effectively.
- Discuss clarity and conciseness, two essential communication skills for advanced practice providers.
- Apply persuasive communication skills clearly and concisely to promote actionable steps among your healthcare team members and patients.
- Describe the importance of fundamental provider to provider and provider to patient communication.
- Use communication skills to enhance both collaboration in the workplace and patient experience.
- Demonstrate various communication styles to effectively energize and engage your healthcare team members and patients.
- Develop strategies to effectively manage conflict and resistance to change.
- Implement mindfulness concepts and principles to reduce stress, increase satisfaction and improve connection with patients and healthcare team members.
- Consider more effective ways to prepare for and address challenges in the ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Recognize the impact negative stress has on performance.
- Commit concepts and principles designed to reduce stress and reduce the risk of healthcare burnout.
- Incorporate coaching skills in your practice setting to improve team performance.
- Demonstrate how to ask for a patient’s cooperation rather than compliance.
- Develop skills in giving and receiving feedback.
- Implement coaching skills which promote shared decision making and thereby improving performance.
- Discuss your patients’ and team members’ ideas, communicate your own ideas, and effectively manage disagreements.
- Formulate and implement initiatives to effectively manage change and opportunities.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 24.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
This activity was planned in accordance with AAPA CME Standards for Live Programs and for Commercial Support of Live Programs.
”This is the most well-rounded and entirely engaging program I’ve ever participated in. I walked into the program skeptical and walked out ready to take on the world! You will learn your strengths and weaknesses, but John will revive your passion for medicine. Will recommend to everyone I know!- Marisa P.