Video - About Urgent Care Combo Savings Package:
CME4Life is here to help physician assistants get the training they need to succeed in urgent care settings. Our Urgent Care Combo Savings Package offers 27.75 hours of instruction from excellent physician assistant instructors to increase your confidence and competence in the field. Not only will you benefit from the practical experience and knowledge gained from this package, but you will also have the opportunity to stay up to date with all the latest continuing medical education (CME) too. Get your Urgent Care Combo Savings Package now and you’ll be ready for success.
Included in this CME package is our Urgent Care CME -Critical Skills for Competence and Confidence video series (16 hours of CMEs) and our Burnout in Medicine – How to Rekindle the Spark video series (9.75 hours of CMEs). Plus, an option to choose a $500-$2,000 gift card (can choose none if you do not want the gift card). You can choose streaming only and will have access to your material immediately after order is processed by logging into your account with your email and clicking on the “My Streaming” tab and the “My Downloads” tab. You can choose S&H and receive USBs by mail (you still will have access to streaming and downloads in addition to the physical USBs)
Urgent Care CME -Critical Skills for Competence and Confidence
This course is designed for PAs and NPs working in the ED. Our Urgent Care Symposium is designed for clinicians who provide fast-track, urgent, or acute primary care to their patients. Focus on fundamental wound care, orthopedics, and infectious disease. Learn how to be clean, efficient, and NOT GET BURNED!
The program covers topics, such as:
- Introduction & Urgent Care Mindset
- Ophthalmologic Disorders
- Chest Pain
- Acute Abdominal Pain & Pregnancy Complications
- Basic Microbiology and Sepsis
- Common Rashes & Antibiotics & Wound Care
- Orthopedic Complaints & Effective Communication & Medical Errors & Medical Malpractice
Burnout in Medicine – How to Rekindle the Spark
Burnout in medicine is real. From EMR to physicians utilizing APPs as assets and not providers, to insurance company regulations and demanding patients. This course focuses on how to re-kindle your spark in medicine and prevent/mitigate burnout. Burnout is a personal problem. We will discuss the burnout rate and literature revolving around statistics, but this course is for those who are presently struggling or, want to take steps to mitigate that risk. We will focus on the provider and their locus of control.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to know the four components of emotional intelligence and key point indicator for setting and achieving goals to improve performance at work.
- John Bielinski, PA-C
- Crystal Pompos, MSN, RN, MBA
- Erica Benedicto, PA-C, MPH, PYT
John’s Burnout objectives:
Burnout in Medicine Key Concepts
Define an understanding of burnout and the scope of the problem
- Understand the Stockdale Paradox and how that relates to mitigating burnout
- Understand the proactive mindset and utilized the power of questions in mitigating burnout
- Review the top five regrets of dying patients
Ways to Mitigate Burnout – Enhancing Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the teeter-totter effect of burnout and how to move the fulcrum
- Review the three components of happiness
- Evaluate the Harvard Happiness Study relative to burnout
- Create a vision for our lives and how a successful clinician keeps the balance
- Understand the four disciplines of decreasing burnout
- Review the five proven techniques to improve Press Ganey scores
Connect with Patients and Purpose – Influence & Effectiveness
- Understand the difference between conflict, compliance, and commitment
- Review the six triggers of influence in medicine
- Understand reverse concessions relative to engaging other clinicians
- Appreciate the five triggers of likeability
- Know the four components of authority
Protecting Self to Reduce Burnout – Medical Error Reduction
- Understand and review the gravity of medical errors in the USA
- Define heuristics and how they assist and harm us in thinking
- Review the three categories of medical errors
- Understand the main cognitive traps in medicine
- Understand and apply medical errors reduction techniques
Protecting Self to Reduce Burnout – Medical Malpractice Defense
- Review the five steps in a medical malpractice claim
- Understand the TLC score and how it will mitigate medical malpractice claims
- Review the tone of voice study linking surgeons to lawsuits
- Understand the visual dominance ratio in connecting with patients
- Review the relevance of electronic medical records in its effect on burnout
Burnout in Medicine Change
- Techniques on how to transform and change
- Understand the key components of rapport
- Understand how identity shapes our perspective on burnout
- Review tools of pattern interrupt
Urgent Care Medical Errors
- Apply the ASHP Guidelines on Preventing Medication Errors in Hospitals (2018).
- Demonstrate root cause analysis and perform it on cases of medical errors.
- Assess specific, evidence-based risks for medication errors and strategies to reduce their occurrence.
Urgent Care Effective Communications
- Provide pearls of effective communication to improve patient compliance.
- Appraise the variety of ways that people perceive communication and process information.
- Assess your communication strengths and limitations.
- Determine communication issues unique to older patients.
- Develop practices and apply skills to maximize effective communication and listening based on current literature.
Urgent Care Medical Malpractice
- Prepare for a malpractice defense and provide optimal documentation based on case presentations.
- Identify methods to improve charting and the ability to defend one’s care.
- Describe the various areas in medicine or practice behaviors that are predisposed to high risk for medical malpractice claims.
- Recognize the situations or patient encounters that commonly result in behavior consistent with a high risk for causing an action.
- Identify the various strategies and resources available to you when a perceived high risk.
- Define the body’s response to stress and the role it plays in the development of chronic symptoms and diseases.
- Recognize the link between mindful medicine and chronic disease management.
- Develop skills and experience in a variety of mindfulness/meditation methods to use in clinical practice.
- Understand the importance of integrating a mindful medicine practice into own life to impact patients’ lives.
Crystal’s Burnout Objectives:
- Define the 3 components of burnout
- Gain an awareness of mental health statistics
- Identify 5 steps to continuous progress and prevention of burnout
- Describe how the 4 segments of energy impact the components of burnout
- Identify gaps in your energy segments
- Establish small habits that you can start immediately to support the segments of energy in your life
AAPA Credit Value:
Urgent Care CME- Critical Skills for Competence and Confidence.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 16 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid from 11/23/2022 to 11/23/2023. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. AAPA reference number: CME-208331.
Burnout in Medicine: How to Rekindle the Spark.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 9.75 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. Approval is valid from 11/30/2022 to 11/30/2023. AAPA reference number: CME-208332.
Products will be shipped within 1-2 business days after payment is received for your purchase. All products are shipped via USPS® priority mail service. For specific details on your product’s shipment, please call our support team at (800) 263-6840.
Gift Cards/Product Purchases – There are NO REFUNDS on any orders that include gift cards/special promotions. Once you receive your paid invoice, your order and credit card have been processed and NO REFUNDS will be issued. NO EXCEPTIONS.