This CME program is like an at-home residency in emergency medicine designed to increase your confidence and competence and is approved for 28.75 Hours Category 1 CME Credits.
This is CME program includes:
Demystifying Emergency Medicine 4th Edition Recorded LIVE USB
Burnout in Medicine – How to Rekindle the Spark (Release Date: 11/22/21)
Plus your choice of a $500- $2,000 gift card!
This is to empower mobile learning. Learning medicine in this virtual age has never been easier!
Demystifying Emergency Medicine 4th Edition Recorded LIVE (Released 9/29/21)
This is designed for physician assistants and nurse practitioner colleagues. You will earn the respect of physicians, nurses, and patients in urgent care.
If you take care of patients with chest pain, shortness of breath or abdominal pain, this program is perfect for you! Demystifying Emergency Medicine has been taught to thousands of clinicians and has been proven to increase your confidence and competence.
You will learn battle tested concepts unavailable anywhere else!
My name is John Bielinski. I am a PA for over 20 years, always working in emergency medicine and critical care. AND, I have mainly worked alone. Meaning, I work in a critical access setting. So, I had to gain competence while working alone and by myself. I developed a number of systems of evaluating complicated patients. And, it worked. I have cared for countless critically ill patients with confidence and competence and have earned the respect of physicians I have worked with. More importantly, I have taught these principles internationally to thousands of clinicians through our videos, live programs and out podcast Talk EM
Demystifying Emergency Medicine will teach practitioners how to not miss a lethal heart attack, how to not get burned in medicine, how to document sound medical judgement and avoid negligence. Enjoy learning ease-to-recall information regarding clinical laboratory medicine, pulmonary medicine, CXR interpretation, chest pain, 12 lead EKG, and common complaints in the ER.
- Vital Emergency Medicine: Emergency Mindset and Preventing Burnout in Medicine
- Sepsis and Acute Bleeding
- Acute Kidney Injury/Failure
- Basic Chest X-Ray Interpretation
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Update on the Management of COPD and Asthma
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Methodical Approach to EKG Interpretation
- Approach to the Management of Chest Pain
- EKG Interpretation Practice
- Differential Diagnosis of Chest Pain
- Acute Coronary Syndrome in the ED
- Abdominal Pain Case Studies
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding and the use of Gastric Lavage
- Secrets of Abdominal pain: Diagnosis and Misdiagnosis of Appendicitis and Gallbladder Disease/Pancreatitis/Kidney Stones/UTI’s
Burnout in Medicine – How to Rekindle the Spark
Burnout in medicine is real. From EMR, to physicians utilizing APPs as assets and not providers, to insurance company regulations and demanding patients. This lecture focuses on paradigm changes to restructure our psychology in medicine and provide strategies to rekindle the spark.
After completing this course, participate will be able to know the four components of emotional intelligence and key point indicator for setting and achieving goals to improve performance at work
This course focus on how to re-kindle your spark in medicine and prevent/mitigate burnout. Burnout is a personal problem. We will discuss the burnout rate and literature revolving around statistics, but this course is for those who are presently struggling or, wants to take steps to mitigate that risk. We will focus on the provider and their locus of control.
- John Bielinski, PA-C
- Crystal Pompos, MSN, RN, MBA
- Erica Benedicto, PA-C, MPH, PYT
John’s Burnout objectives:
Burnout in Medicine Key Concepts
Define an understand burnout and the scope of the problem
- Understand the Stockdale Paradox and how that relates to mitigating burnout
- Understand the proactive mindset and utilized the power of questions in mitigating burnout
- Review the top five regrets of dying patients
Ways to Mitigate Burnout – Enhancing Emotional Intelligence
- Understand the teeter totter effect of burnout and how to move the fulcrum
- Review the three components of happiness
- Evaluate the Harvard Happiness Study relative to burnout
- Create a vision for our lives and how a successful clinician keeps balance
- Understand the four disciplines of decreasing burnout
- Review the five proven techniques to improve Press Ganey scores
Connect with Patients and Purpose – Influence & Effectiveness
- Understand the difference between conflict, compliance and commitment
- Review the six triggers of influence in medicine
- Understand reverse concessions relative to engaging other clinicians
- Appreciate the five triggers of likeability
- Know the four components of authority
Protecting Self to Reduce Burnout – Medical Error Reduction
- Understand and review the gravity of medical errors in the USA
- Define heuristic and how they assist and harm us in thinking
- Review the three categories of medical errors
- Understand the main cognitive traps in medicine
- Understand and apply medical errors reduction techniques
Protecting Self to Reduce Burnout – Medical Malpractice Defense
- Review the five steps in a medical malpractice claim
- Understand the TLC score and how it will mitigate medical malpractice claims
- Review the tone of voice study linking surgeons to lawsuits
- Understand the visual dominance ratio in connecting with patients
- Review the relevance of electronic medical records in its effect on burnout
Burnout in medicine Change
- Techniques on how to transform and change
- Understand the key components of rapport
- Understand how identity shapes our perspective on burnout
- Review tools of pattern interrupt
Urgent Care Medical Errors
- Apply the ASHP Guidelines on Preventing Medication Errors in Hospitals (2018).
- Demonstrate root cause analysis and perform it on cases of medical errors.
- Assess specific, evidence-based risks for medication errors and strategies to reduce their occurrence.
Urgent Care Effective Communications
- Provide pearls of effective communication to improve patient compliance.
- Appraise the variety of ways that people perceive communication and process information.
- Assess your personal communication strengths and limitations.
- Determine communication issues unique to older patients.
- Develop practices and apply skills to maximize effective communication and listening based on current literature.
Urgent Care Medical Malpractice
- Prepare for a malpractice defense and provide optimal documentation based on case presentations.
- Identify methods to improve charting and the ability to defend one’s care.
- Describe the various areas in medicine or practice behaviors that are predisposed to high risk for medical malpractice claims.
- Recognize the situations or patient encounters that commonly result in behavior consistent with high risk for causing an action.
- Identify the various strategies and resources available to you when a perceived high risk.
- Define the body’s response to stress and the role it plays in the development of chronic symptoms and diseases.
- Recognize the link between mindful medicine and chronic disease management.
- Develop skills and experience in a variety of mindfulness/meditation methods to use in clinical practice.
- Understand importance of integrating a mindful medicine practice into own life in order to impact patient’s lives.
Crystal’s Burnout objectives:
- Define the 3 components of burnout
- Gain an awareness of mental health statistics
- Identify 5 steps to continuous progress and prevention of burnout
- Describe how the 4 segments of energy impact the components of burnout
- Identify gaps in your energy segments
- Establish small habits that you can start immediately to support the segments of energy in your life
Option 1: Physical Product: USB flash drive containing video of LIVE teaching and accompanying presentation in PDF format.
Option 2: Streaming Product: Receive videos directly to your account via streaming.
AAPA Credit Value:
Demystifying Emergency Medicine 4th Edition Recorded LIVE USB
Approved for 19 AAPA Category 1 CME
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 19 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid from 9/9/2021 to 9/9/2022. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation. AAPA reference number: CME-203432.
Gift Cards/Product Purchases – There are NO REFUNDS on any orders that include gift cards/special promotions. Once you receive your paid invoice, your order and credit card have been processed and NO REFUNDS will be issued. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Products will be shipped within 1-2 business days after payment is received for your purchase. All products are shipped via USPS® priority mail service. For specific details on your product’s shipment, please call our support team at (800) 263-6840.