Burnout in Medicine Recorded LIVE USB (3 Videos)
Burnout in medicine is real. From EMR, to physicians utilizing APPs as assets and not providers, to insurance company regulations and demanding patients. This lecture focuses on paradigm changes to restructure our psychology in medicine and provide strategies to rekindle the spark.
After completing this course, participate will be able to know the four components of emotional intelligence and key point indicator for setting and achieving goals to improve performance at work
This course focus on how to re-kindle your spark in medicine and prevent/mitigate burnout. Burnout is a personal problem. We will discuss the burnout rate and literature revolving around statistics, but this course is for those who are presently struggling or, wants to take steps to mitigate that risk. We will focus on the provider and their locus of control.
- John Bielinski, PA-C
- Crystal Pompos, MSN, RN, MBA
- Erica Benedicto, PA-C, MPH, PYT
John’s Burnout objectives:
- Steps to optimize the patient experience
- Explore goal setting an visualization to mitigate provider burnout
- Review personal motivation in choosing medical care as a profession
- Provide tools of responsibility and locus of control in patient care
- Review the Stockdale Paradox in preventing burnout
- Utilize a cognitive tool to increase the gap between stimulus and response
- Describe the three tools of controlling your emotional states
- Describe the four empowering focus points to control meaning/perspective
- Define the body’s response to stress and the role it plays in the development of chronic symptoms and diseases.
- Recognize the link between mindful medicine and chronic disease management.
- Develop skills and experience in a variety of mindfulness/meditation methods to use in clinical practice.
- Understand importance of integrating a mindful medicine practice into own life in order to impact patient’s lives.
Crystal’s Burnout objectives:
- Define the 3 components of burnout
- Gain an awareness of mental health statistics
- Identify 5 steps to continuous progress and prevention of burnout
- Describe how the 4 segments of energy impact the components of burnout
- Identify gaps in your energy segments
- Establish small habits that you can start immediately to support the segments of energy in your life
USB flash drive containing video of LIVE teaching and accompanying presentation in PDF format.
AAPA Credit Value:
Approved for 4 AAPA Category 1 CME Credits.
This activity has been reviewed by the AAPA Review Panel and is compliant with AAPA CME Criteria. This activity is designated for 4.00 AAPA Category 1 CME credits. Approval is valid for one year from 11/04/2019. PAs should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation.
Products will be shipped within 1-2 business days after payment is received for your purchase. All products are shipped via USPS® priority mail service. For specific details on your product’s shipment, please call our support team at (800) 263-6840.
Returns are allowed 60 days from the date of the initial purchase. The customer is also responsible for any fees incurred for the returned product’s shipment and to insure the package for the full replacement value of the contents received. Refunds will be issued back to the credit card that was used to make the original purchase (minus shipping and handling costs). We reserve the right to charge a $75 restocking fee on all returns. There are no refunds for the video on demand series. Read the Details.